The math is simple: if you have a jeep wrangler, you’re going to need a dash cam for it! For your jeep wrangler, it’s not that you need just any other dash cam you can get your hands on, but only the best one you can find.
Both for a new and experienced driver, it is very important that your Jeep Wrangler has a dash cam when you are driving it.
The Jeep Wrangler - a mid-sized, two-door, compact, four-wheel jeep, currently in its fourth generation, especially requires the help of the best dash cam for Jeep Wrangler for you to use it.
However, for buying something as important as a dash cam, you need a lot of information about it, which you’ll get in this article.
Top 9 Best Dash Cam for Jeep Wrangler
There are a lot of dash cam, or dashboard cameras, available in the market, but for your Jeep Wrangler, you need the best one you can get.
1. Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual 1080P Dash Cam
This is a dual lens camera that’s not just great for your personal Jeep Wrangler, but for cars used for Uber, ridesharing vehicles, Lyft riders, and other drivers who use their jeeps and cars for business.
This particular brand of dash can has been used by jeeps owned by CNET, BGR and BusinessInsider, making it one of the most trusted brands in the world.
The front camera of this Dual Dash cam can simultaneously capture crystal clear videos in 1920x1080P of the front as well as the passenger cabin.
At the same time, the front camera can be used to only take higher-quality 2560x1440P videos of the front, including noting the number plate of the vehicle directly in front.
The camera can record videos that cover as much as a 170° angle in the front and 140° angle in the passenger seat. This is quite helpful for ridesharing vehicles as the driver can keep a record of everything that’s happening in the front and in the passenger seat.
The camera that faces the interior of the car comes with a Night Vision application powered by Sony Sensor. Even late at night, you can get a bright and vivid recording of your surroundings.
The 4 IR LED lights and f/2.0 Aperture of the camera can handle low light, even when the passenger cabin is dark. When it’s dark outside, the F/1.8 6-glass lens can automatically balance the dark and light areas.
This camera can actually be used as a 24-hour recording device that will automatically record any sort of movement when activated.
You can keep the camera turned on all night or all day in the parking garage to keep a track of whatever’s happening to and around your vehicle. This camera can withstand most extreme climates, from -4°F to 158°F, making it ideal for most locations of the world.
Not just video, this camera can also record excellent audio quality with the built-in microphone it comes with. The time-lapse function of the video can also take photographs at specific intervals for your convenience.
- Dual lens camera
- Capture crystal clear videos in 1920x1080P of the front of the vehicle and the passenger seat
- Can take higher-quality 2560x1440P videos of the front
- Can note number plate of the vehicle directly in front
- Can cover 170° angle in the front and 140° angle in the passenger seat
- Comes with a Night Vision application powered by Sony Sensor
- Can get a bright and vivid recording at night
- 4 IR LED lights and f/2.0 Aperture of the camera can handle low light
- F/1.8 6-glass lens can automatically balance the dark and light areas
- Can be used as a 24-hour recording device
- Can automatically record any sort of movement when activated
- Can withstand temperature from -4°F to 158°F
- Can record excellent audio quality
- Can take photographs at specific intervals
- Comes with seamless loop recording
- Automatically detects shakes and collisions
- Supports 256GB microSD cards
- Optional GPS for tracking driving routes
- 18 months warranty
2. TOGUARD Dual Dash Cam
This is another dash cam that you can use for your Jeep Wrangler that comes with all the functions you need in a dash cam. It comes with a 1.5-inch LCD screen 6-glass HD dual lens that can be used to record both in front of the vehicle and inside it.
With its high-quality camera lens, this dash cam from TOGUARD can record a 1920x1080P video at the front, with images sharp enough to take in details that might come in handy in case of an accident.
This is a great dash cam for both your personal vehicle as well as a vehicle used in ridesharing. With an excellent Night/Day Vision and HDR Technology, the interior facing camera has F/1.8 Aperture and 4 infrared LED lights can handle low light and darkness.
Even when the light is low in the passenger seat, this camera can take excellent quality video, audio and snapshots that can be used later when needed.
The front camera comes with a HDR Technology that can provide great exposure even in low light conditions. It is compact in size but can take videos and shots at a wide angle.
The camera has a well-built cylindrical body that isn’t very visible from a distance, which means that it can be used to take discreet videos and shots. In the front, it can take a 170° wide-angle video and at the passenger seat, it can take 140° wide angle video and shots.
From inside the vehicle, it can capture the whole road from edge to edge and the whole passenger seat at the same time.
With this dash cam, it is possible to continuously record videos in a loop, automatically overwriting old footage to create new ones.
This dashboard camera also has a G-Sensor that can automatically sense collision, parking monitor and automatic recording whenever it detects movement.
- Dual camera for all vehicles
- Comes with 1.5-inch LCD screen 6-glass HD dual lens
- Can record a 1920x1080P video at the front
- Can take images sharp enough to understand details and texts
- Comes with excellent Night/Day Vision and HDR Technology
- Interior facing camera has F/1.8 Aperture
- 4 infrared LED lights can work in low light
- Front camera comes with a HDR Technology
- Compact in size and almost hidden from the naked eye
- Can be used to take discreet videos and shots
- Can take a 170° wide-angle video at the front
- Can take 140° wide angle video of the passenger seat
- Can continuously record videos in a loop
- Can automatically overwrite old footage
- Comes with a g-sensor to automatically detect collision
- Can be used as recording device that automatically detects movement
3. THINKWARE FA200 Dash Cam Bundle
This is not a single dash cam for your Jeep Wrangler, but a bundle offer where you’ll get two seperate cameras for your car - a front camera and a rear camera.
With built-in WiFi, the two cameras can record distortion-free videos in full HD 1080P, giving you vivid videos and shots to understand every single detail.
The rear camera can record 720P 30f/s videos with a wide range, making it possible to keep track of everything that is going on behind your vehicle.
With the built-in Wi-Fi, it is possible to use these dash cams with apps downloaded on your smartphone, making it possible to watch your dash cam’s recordings directly or later. All these models from THINKWARE are compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
Even in extreme temperatures, the integrated thermal protection and thermal sensor of the cameras give them extra protection and reliability.
The cameras on your vehicle can be used as a red light camera and for speed alerts, as well as embedded GPS data to measure speed, time and location. The THINKWARE dash cam bundle comes with a THINKWARE 16GB Micro SDcard to record videos, but the videos can also be accessed and watched from a smartphone.
- Bundle of front and rear camera
- Comes with built-in WiFi
- Rear camera can record 720P 30f/s videos
- Can record distortion-free videos in full HD 1080P
- Can record videos with a wide area range
- Can be controlled by downloading apps on smartphones
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Comes with integrated thermal protection and thermal sensor
- Keeps cameras working and reliable in all extreme temperature
- Can be used as a red light camera and for speed alerts
- Can be used with GPS data to measure speed, time and location
- Comes with a THINKWARE 16GB Micro SDcard to record videos
- Can detect impact and collision when needed
- Can capture any snapshot when motion is detected nearby
- Can be kept in power saving mode
- Can operate under 14°F to 140°F temperature
4. PYLE Newest Technology HD 3-Camera Dash Cam
Not one, not two, but three! This is a 3-camera dash cam bundle that can record everything that happens around and inside your vehicle, perfect for insurance claims and for accidents.
The camera at the front can be tilted to record everything at the best angle. The two front cameras can take in and save everything in the front seats and in the front of the vehicle.
The cameras come with a wide angle recording and night vision recording that takes in everything at a 140° angle view. Working with IR, the best quality video can be recorded at night in darkness.
The cameras can all record 1080P videos with a 4X Zoom option, making it possible to read license plates of vehicles in the front and back.
The reliable G Sensor technology can instantly and automatically detect any kind of collision and bump.
Even when the car is not turned on, the camera will automatically turn on to capture any movement and motion. The cameras come with a 32GB card that can be formatted to FAT32.
- 3-camera dash cam bundle
- Can record everything that happens around and inside your vehicle
- Camera can be tilted to record everything at the best angle
- Can record everything from the front seats and in the front of the vehicle
- Comes with come with a wide angle recording
- Comes with night vision recording
- Records at a 140° angle view
- Can record high-quality 1080P videos
- Comes with a 4X Zoom
- G Sensor technology automatically detects collision
- Camera will automatically turn on to capture any movement and motion
- Comes with a 32GB card
5. Vantrue T2 1080P 24/7 Recording Dash Cam
With this dash cam installed in your vehicle, you can record everything that is going on almost constantly, even when the car is not in use.
With the built-in SuperCapacitor, the camera can withstand extreme temperatures between -4°F to 158°F. Any climate you are in will be a safe working climate for these cameras, no matter where you are.
This camera from Vantrue can be used as a continuous recording device that can automatically detect any kind of motion, movement or collision. The camera will turn on automatically whenever it senses any kind of motion, even when the car is turned off.
The built-in wave sensor can also detect when something is in front of the car, and the camera will instantly turn on and start recording.
With the enhanced Night Vision technology powered by Sony Sensors, this camera can capture videos at a wide 160° angle, producing high-quality 1920x1080P videos at 30f/s or 1280x720P videos at 30f/s.
With such a high quality camera, you can clearly see and detect everything in front, including license plates of other vehicles, road signs and even passerbys.
The HDR technology and F/1.8 Aperture of this camera balances darkness and light equally, giving you great quality videos during the day and night. The optional GPS and Looping Sensor allows the camera to automatically overwrite existing data every day.
- Captures high quality video all day long
- Comes with built-in SuperCapacitor
- Can withstand extreme temperatures between -4°F to 158°F
- Can be used as a continuous recording device
- Automatically detect any kind of motion, movement or collision
- Comes with built-in wave sensor can automatically detect motion
- Camera will automatically turn on and start recording when needed
- Comes with enhanced Night Vision technology powered by Sony Sensors
- Can capture videos at a wide 160° angle
- Can produce high-quality 1920x1080P videos at 30f/s
- Can produce 1280x720P videos at 30f/s
- Comes with HDR technology and F/1.8 Aperture to balance darkness and light
- Comes with optional GPS and Looping Sensor
- Automatically overwrite existing data every day
- Comes with 256GB microSD card
- Comes with a LCD rotate display
6. APEMAN 2K & 1080P Dual Dash Cam
An unique feature of the APEMAN 2K and 1080 Dual Dash Cam is that, in case of any collision or tremer, the Emergency Accident Lock is enforced, ensuring that whatever video the camera was recording at that moment won’t be overwritten the next day.
This feature comes in handy in case of accidents and insurance claims, because the whole video will be ready for you to save, watch and download.
Besides, this is a dual camera that can record videos at a WQHD 2688x1520p at 30F/S, and comes with a 1140P and 1080P video capability at the front and the real lens.
Both the cameras can also take in videos that cover a 170° angle wide area, without any visual blind zones going unnoticed.
With the 128GB SDCard that comes built-into the dash cam, you get a longer recording time as the H.265 encoded files take very little space to store. The card is automatically overwritten every time it reaches a maximum storage unit, unless you want the camera to stop recording.
The 3inch IPS Screen shows the realistic scene while the cameras are recording, and the user-friendly buttons on both sides of the camera are easy to use.
The camera will also start to automatically record when the car is turned on, without needing to turn on the dash cam separately.
- Double cameras at front and rear side of the car
- Can record videos at a WQHD 2688x1520p at 30F/S
- Comes with a 1140P and 1080P video capability
- Emergency Accident Lock ensures recorded video isn’t overwritten automatically
- Can cover a 170° angle wide area without any blind zones
- A longer recording time as the H.265 format doesn’t take up a lot of space
- Comes with a built-in 128GB SDCard
- Card is automatically overwritten every time it is full
- Comes with a 3inch IPS Screen
- User-friendly buttons on both cameras
- Starts to automatically record when the car is turned on
7. RAZO DC3000A d’Action 360 Dash Cam
With the unique 360° lenses of the Razo DC3000 d’Action, it is possible to capture everything that is happening in front, inside, behind and around your vehicle. Everything will be recorded in 4K quality video whether it is inside or outside the vehicle.
This is truly one of the best dash cam for your Jeep Wrangler if you are looking for something reliable, efficient and long-lasting.
The recording range of this dash cam is 360° view, as well as the viewing angle of 360° in the same camera.
The same camera will be able to record the whole view inside your vehicle as well as outside, at the same time. With the 16GB micro SD Card that comes with the camera, you will be able to record long videos every day.
This dash cam has been designed and engineered in Japan, which ensures top quality. Even when the car is turned off and resting in the parking zone, the camera will keep on recording everything.
The same camera can be used as a HD Action Camera if you purchase the optional DC100A Battery.
- Unique 360° lenses of the camera can record 360° videos
- Can capture everything in front, inside, behind and around vehicle
- Videos recorded in 4K quality video
- Recording range of 360° view
- Built-in 16GB micro SD Card
- Designed and engineered in Japan
- Continuous recording even when car is turned off
- Can be used as a HD Action Camera with optional purchase of Battery
8. Vantrue N4 3 Channel Dash Cam
The Vantrue N4 3 can be called a Three Channel 4K Dash Cam that offers a 155° view front camera, a 165° view inside the camera and a 160° view rear camera. With just this one setup, you can record everything at all sides of your vehicle, at the same time.
Three high-quality cameras of this dash cam can simultaneously record 1440P, 1080P and 1080P videos at 30 F/S for you, giving you the highest quality video possible.
The Dual Recording Mode can also capture crystal clear 4K 1920x1080P videos at the front, while also taking 4K videos of the road and license plates of other vehicles in front.
Thanks to the Infrared Night Vision Car Camera especially built for professional drivers, these cameras can even record high quality videos at night and in darkness.
Powered by Sony STARVIS CMOS Sensor, F1.4 Aperture and 6-glass lens, the cameras of this dash cam can perfectly balance light and dark for crystal clear images and footage. The cameras can automatically increase exposure in darkness to help drivers at night.
The 4 IR LED Lights inside the vehicle can capture images and footage even when the inside is completely dark, giving you a thorough knowledge of everything that’s going on inside the vehicle.
The 24 Hour Motion Detection can detect any type of collision or motion even when the car is not turned on and start recording, giving the driver an exact idea of what caused the accident or bump when in parking.
The Energy Saving Mode of this dash cam enables it to be on standby mode at all times but wakes up to instantly start recording whenever there’s any motion or movement.
The Vantrue N4 dash cam is powered by super capacitors, and is built to survive extreme temperatures from 14°F to 158°F.
This makes the dash cam capable of surviving in areas and countries that are naturally extremely hot or cold. The dash cams also have a long life span because of the super capacitor instead of lithium batteries, and are more reliable.
Besides all these features, the reliable and sensitive G-Sensor Emergency Lock stops the camera from overwriting important footage whenever it senses a collision or an impact.
Otherwise, the dash cam would automatically overwrite existing video and images every day so that there’s no overload. The 256GB external memory can hold a lot of video and images until cleared to make room for more.
- Three Channel 4K Dash Cam that records everything inside and around vehicles
- Offers a 155° view, a 165° view and a 160° view camera
- Can simultaneously record 1440P, 1080P and 1080P videos at 30 F/S
- Dual Recording Mode captures 4K 1920x1080P videos at front
- Infrared Night Vision Car Camera records videos at night
- Powered by Sony STARVIS CMOS Sensor, F1.4 Aperture and 6-glass lens
- Can automatically increase exposure in darkness
- 4 IR LED Lights inside the vehicle captures image and video when completely dark
- 24 Hour Motion Detection can detect any type of collision or motion
- Automatically records even when car is not turned on
- Energy Saving Mode enables vehicle to be on standby mode for long hours
- Powered by super capacitors
- Survive extreme temperatures from 14°F to 158°F
- Long life span because of the super capacitor
- Sensitive G-Sensor Emergency Lock stops the camera from overwriting in case of collision
- Comes with 256GB external memory
9. Crosstour 2.5K Car Camera GPS Dash Cam
Small, sleek and almost invisible, this is a full HD Dash Cam for the front and rear of your Jeep Wrangler, and can record up to 2.5K ultra HD resolution video images.
The front and rear camera can record 2560x1440P at 30f/s simultaneously, giving you high quality footage and images. The camera can also record videos in 170° angle at the front and the rear, making it a total of 340° all around the vehicle with no blind spots.
The Super Night Vision Car Camera is equipped with Sony Sensor IMX335 that can automatically balance between light and darkness, and take appropriate photos and videos.
Even at night, the quality of the footage and images will remain the same as both the cameras can simultaneously record with WDR.
The Optional GPS provided with this dash cam can also record driving speed, location, route and bumps with the GPS Antenna that can also be installed to your Jeep Wrangler.
Also, the multifunctional Car Dash Camera comes with 24-hour parking guard, loop recording, motion detection, G-Sensor Emergency and Automatic Overwriting - all features that are important for a good dash cam for your vehicle.
- Full HD Dash Cam for the front and rear
- Can record up to 2.5K ultra HD resolution video images
- Can record 2560x1440P at 30f/s simultaneously
- Both the cameras can simultaneously record with WDR
- Super Night Vision Car Camera is equipped with Sony Sensor IMX335
- Automatically balance between light and darkness
- Quality of the footage and images remains the same in darkness
- Optional GPS records driving speed, location, route and bumps
- Optional GPS Antenna can be installed
- Comes with 24-hour parking guard
- Comes with loop recording and automatic overwriting
- Comes with motion and collision detection
As you can see, best dash cams for Jeep Wranglers come equipped with the latest technologies and most of the features you’d want for the camera in your vehicle.
Factors to Consider While Buying Dash Cam for Jeep Wrangler
Apart from the obvious factors such as your budget, the price of the model, the size or the design of the dash cam, and of course, the brand, there are some very important factors that should be present in the dash cam that you choose for your vehicle.
- Camera Quality/Footage Quality
When it comes to a car dash cam, image and footage quality is quite important. In case of any accidents, mishaps or insurance claims, it is crucial that every single detail in front of, at the rear, around and of course, inside the car is fully visible and intelligible.
This is the reason that most dash cams these days come with high quality camera lenses that can take vivid videos and good quality photographs.
For example, the Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual 1080P Dash Cam can take 2560x1440P videos at the front, which enables the user to later read the license plates of all the vehicles in the front from the footage.
It’s the same with most other dash cams that can record similarly high-quality videos, including the Vantrue T2 1080P 24/7 Recording Dash Cam with a recording quality of 1920x1080P and the APEMAN 2K & 1080P Dual Dash Cam that can record videos of 2688x1520P.
- Wide recording Area
Blind spots can also be a problem in case of accidents and insurance claims, which is why it is very important to get a dash cam that can cover the most areas around and inside your vehicle.
The TOGUARD Dual Dash Cam can record everything that happens around your vehicle as well as inside it, with a 170° wide-angle video of the front and of the passenger seat, as well as a 140° wide angle wide area of the back.
The PYLE Newest Technology HD 3-Camera Dash Cam can be tilted to record everything happening all around the car, the passenger seat and the front passenger seat, giving you a complete look.
The RAZO DC3000A d’Action 360 Dash Cam, on the other hand, records at a 360° view, leaving absolutely no blind spots anywhere.
- Night Vision/Operation in Darkness
Since most accidents and mishaps occur at night or in the darkness, this is an important feature that you’ll find in most dash cams. A majority of these dash cams come equipped with Night Vision technology that takes equally good images and videos in darkness.
The video and image quality of these dash cams can instantly take in the change in light and adjust themselves automatically, giving you the perfect result at night or when you are going through a tunnel.
However, only with the RAZO DC3000A d’Action 360 Dash Cam, the camera lenses don't work the best in darkness or at night.
- Loop Recording
Most best dash cams for Jeep Wranglers come with built-in memory cards, SD cards or external memory cards that are continuously overwritten once they are full.
This means that you won’t have to manually clear your dash cam’s memory to record a new video every day. Unless the recording stops for some reason or you manually stop it, recording will go on continuously, replacing older footage.
- Motion Sensor
With a motion sensor present in your dash cam, it will start to automatically record everything the moment there is any sort of tremor, motion, movement or collision around the vehicle.
Even when the Jeep Wrangler is turned off and in parking mode, the motion sensor works to capture all the details instantly and automatically, making it easier to make insurance claims.
Fortunately, this feature is present in almost all the dash cams available in the market.
- Overwriting Lock
Since all dash cams automatically overwrite previous footage and image to save space, it can be a problem whenever your vehicle faces an accident or a mishap. Important video, audio and image data can be overwritten if they are not especially saved by the user.
However, a lot of dash cams come with emergency locks on overwriting. The camera stops recording over existing footage so that the important videos and images don’t get replaced. This gives the user or the driver to save important data for insurance claims or compensation.
The APEMAN 2K & 1080P Dual Dash Cam, for example, comes with the emergency Accident Lock feature that is enforced anytime the vehicle faces collision, break-ins, accident, tremors or mishaps.
Because of this feature, important data isn’t overwritten automatically so that the user can retrieve it later.
A few dash cams come with small displays so that the user can directly see what’s happening at the back, in the passenger seat, around the vehicle and even in the front.
The Vantrue T2 1080P 24/7 Recording Dash Cam, for example, comes with a small LCD display screen that can be rotated when needed.
- Temperature Limit
The dashboard of any vehicle - where the dash cam is usually installed - gets heated more quickly than any other part of the vehicle, especially if the user lives in a hot climate.
However, most dash cams for Jeep Wranglers are built so that they can withstand extreme heat and cold and still function properly.
The Vantrue N4 3 Channel Dash Cam can withstand extreme temperatures from 14°F to 158°F, especially since it is powered by super capacitors instead of lithium batteries. It’s the same for most other dash cams for Jeep Wranglers.
- Parking Mode
Most dash cams can be used in standby mode for more than 24 hours in parking mode, only to automatically turn on in case of any movement, motion, break-in and collision.
This feature can be found in most dash cams including the Crosstour 2.5K Car Camera GPS Dash Cam, which can be used as a surveillance camera in parking mode for 24 hours without any glitch.
- Other Features
Other important features in the best dash cam for Jeep Wranglers include:
- Equal to or more than 30f/s for high quality video;
- GPS that can keep a track of your vehicle’s route, speed, time and location;
- Compatibility with Android and iOS devices;
- Built-in or external high storage memory cards;
- Downloadable apps;
- Long-lasting battery;
- Equal or more than F/1.4 Aperture
- Small in size; etc.
All these big and small features are extremely important to look for when choosing a reliable and trusted dash cam for your Jeep Wrangler or other vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. Is it worth getting a dash cam?
A. Since Dash cams are quite expensive devices, this is quite a common question that comes to the minds of car owners and drivers. However, the answer is that: dash cams are quite important for any vehicle.
In case of any kind of accidents on the road while driving, a dash cam can accurately take in everything that goes on in front of, behind and around the vehicle.
In case of any hit-and-run events, it is possible to note the license number of the vehicle before they get away, as well as to present physical evidence to the authorities.
Besides, if there are any cases of break-ins into the vehicle, the dash cams can record the entire incident and the footage will be available for proof on the associated smart phone as evidence.
More importantly, dash cams can also be used to record what goes on in the passenger seat of a vehicle, which comes in handy for ridesharing drivers in case of claims of any missing items, mishaps, accidents, etc.
Therefore, although an expensive investment, it can be definitely said that dash cams are quite important in the long run for any vehicle, including a Jeep Wrangler.
Q. How much does a Dash Cam Cost?
A. Dash cams come in a wide range of prices. From a range of $50, the more expansive ones can cost up to $350 or even $500, depending on their brand, their features and their uses.
Q. Is Car Insurance Cheaper if you have a dash cam?
A. Definitely! Since insurers look for the presence of dash cams in vehicles, they might offer a discount.
Because the presence of a dash cam in your vehicle gives the insurer a guarantee that they will get the right information in case of an accident, a mishap and an insurance claim. This will lead to a cheaper payment of insurance than in the case of someone who doesn't want to share the right information.
Q. Where is the best place to put a dash cam?
A. As the name suggests, dash cams are usually put on the dashboard of a vehicle, from where it will be able to record everything that goes on in front of the road, as well as the back seat.
Q. Is it illegal to use a Dash Cam?
A. Definitely not! In fact, it is a good idea to put in a dash cam in your vehicle for proof of accidents and insurance claims.
Q. Will a dash cam drain car battery life?
A. A dash cam can actually drain a car battery if used continuously, but this problem can be avoided by recharging the car battery every now and then.
For a lot of reasons, it is a very good idea to install a dash cam in your vehicle, which includes your Jeep Wrangler.
A good and reliable dash cam can definitely save the car owner from a lot of problems in the future in case of accidents and mishaps, and especially for insurance claims.